To strengthen the international appeal and profile of academic stakeholders in the Loire region and to build on synergies between the research, education and innovation fields, West Creative Industries (WCI) has developed a regional internationalisation strategy for the thematic area of Experience.
This strategy has been produced by a working group and committee from the executive board, following joint discussions and prospection, and involves five partnerships. Its objectives are as follows:
- To raise the profile of the Pays de la Loire’s scientific expertise in the thematic area of experience, by developing more international research projects and responding to more international calls for projects; by organising international scientific events in the Pays de la Loire and its partner institutions’ countries.
- To internationalise education in the Loire by offering double degrees/diplomas and taking part in international programmes, especially Erasmus + (Erasmus Mundus, Knowledge Alliances).
- To develop joint research-education-innovation projects internationally: sharing ideas and best practices internationally, forming overseas industrial partnerships, exploring overseas markets, etc
The five strategic partnerships bring together universities, laboratories and networks that are developing inspiring and ambitious initiatives in the thematic area of experience and are recognised for their interdisciplinary structure and approach to the sciences, design and technology. The partners also play a key role in their own economic ecosystems and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Dublin: Trinity College > Chaire V-SENSE
- Séoul : Hanyang University > Imagine Lab, Department of Arts & Technology, Graduate School of Technology and Innovation Management
- Helsinki: Aalto University > Aalto Experience Platform, Institut Sotera et Department of Media
- Austin: University of Texas, Austin (Butler School of Music & LBJ School of Public Affairs) and Saint Edwards University (Marketing, Communication & Visual Studies Departments)
- Montréal : University of Montréal (architecture, art and design laboratories, including Hybridlab) and its affiliate institution HEC Montréal (Tech3lab and Pôle Mosaïc) and ETS/Innovation Quarter
There is a joint strategy, with objectives and target action points, for each partnership. Funding from WCI will be available until 2022 to move these plans forward with the expectation of regional and international partners also contributing to finance.
The International Strategy call for Postdoctoral and Mobility applications opens from 05/04/2019 to 31/12/2021.