The New European Bauhaus (NEB) is an environmental, economic and cultural programme initiated by the European Commission and of which Ouest Industries Créatives is an official partner. It aims to reconcile sustainability, aesthetics and inclusion in order to “make the ecological transition visible” and desirable in our daily lives.
This call aims to support teachers and teacher-researchers from the Pays de la Loire in the creation of demonstrators and experimentation within the framework of NEB.
Filing of files
From 23 May to 13 July 2022
Notification of decision
Au fil de l'eau
The New European Bauhaus
NEB aims at giving body to the European Green Pact through new sustainable and desirable places and ways of living. It aims at providing solutions to the issues raised by the ecological transition in the living environment and everyday experiences by bringing together designers, architects, artists, engineers, researchers and students.
The NEB goal is to work toward a “better life together” through three essential and inseparable values:
- Sustainability, from climate targets to circularity, zero pollution ambition and biodiversity;
- Aesthetics, quality of experience and style, beyond functionality;
- Inclusion, valuing diversity, equality for all, accessibility and affordability.
- To respond to the three main principles of NEB – sustainability, inclusion and aesthetics – and to be in line with the thematic axes of NEB ;
- Hybridize the methods of design or creation disciplines (art, design, architecture) and sciences (ICST, SHS), as an innovative approach to field problems ;
- Allow the creation of demonstrators (spaces, products, services) in relation to the built environment or lifestyles and experimentation, with a view to achieve technical and use validation on a scale of 1 and in real conditions ;
- Pay particular attention to uses and user experience ;
- Present a significant potential for visibility and development in terms of research, training, innovation and/or internationalisation.
The European dimension of the projects is not required at this stage but would be appreciated, in particular in the framework of collaborations with the European networks of the actors of the Loire Valley (EUniWell, ICO international strategy, partner destinations of the authorities, etc.).
Projects may benefit from a maximum of €30k in funding from the Pays de la Loire Region. Projects carried out by teacher/researchers from Nantes Université will be able to benefit from a doubling of the regional subsidy, through the allocation of additional funding from Nantes Métropole (as part of its support to Nantes Université dedicated to experimentation on transition issues).
Expenditure must be spent before 31 December 2022, with the exception of expenditure on the salaries of post-doctoral students, which are eligible until 30 June 2023.
How to apply ?
All projects and applications must be submitted by a teacher or teacher-researcher from an institution member of West Creative Industries (research teams from the Universities of Angers, Le Mans, Nantes University, L’École de design Nantes Atlantique, TALM and Audencia).
Timetable and procedure
- Submission of the application file on a rolling basis, between 23 May and 13 July 2022;
- Announcement of the results: within 15 days after submission of the complete application.