This Master’s degree meets the needs of private and public organizations (companies, cultural venues, hospitals, administrations, etc.) facing the digital transition, by giving them the means to design new services or products, to analyse the practices of their users, and to measure the technological effects on society. It is led by the University of Nantes (Polytech Nantes and the IAE Nantes), in partnership with the École de Design Nantes Atlantique.
WINNER OF THE CALL FOR INITIAL EDUCATION PROJECTS 2019
Support for new sustainable courses that respond to the evolution of skills and the creative, engineering and innovation professions.
Presentation of the course
The Master’s degree in “Innovation, Enterprise and Society” coherently combines teaching in different fields (computer science, data science, economics, sociology, psychology, design) to train professionals capable of supporting public and private organizations in their digital transformations at a technological, strategic and sociological level. It takes place in Halle 6 Ouest, an interdisciplinary centre dedicated to digital cultures in the heart of the Quartier de la Création on the Ile de Nantes.
Accreditation of the Master’s degree was obtained from the French Ministry of Education in 2017: “Innovation, Enterprise and Society (IES)” specialization, “Digital Cultures” pathway. The first class joined this Master’s programme at the start of the 2019-2020 academic year.
The course consists of six main teaching units:
- digital technologies
- data science
- individuals and the digital world
- digital society
- economics and company strategy
Four lecturer-researchers from different disciplines (Computer Science, Management Sciences, Information and Communication Sciences) lead this Master’s degree course.
More information: Master’s degree in Digital Cultures.
- PhD (research in human-computer interaction, communication sciences, digital humanities, economics, design, etc.)
- Entrepreneurship (start-up)
- Creation of interactive experiences : UX/interaction designer, digital media content production, etc
- Specialist in technologies for the design of interactive services: interaction developer, digital art, cultural mediation, etc.
- Developer of digital business and services: digital strategy consulting, etc.
- Data analyst: social and media data, interaction data, digital media, web analytics, etc.
Yannick Prié – Polytech Nantes / Université de Nantes – firstname.lastname@example.org