On 13 and 14 November 2019, West Creative Industries brought together a group of lecturers for a second brainstorming session on teaching methods.
Four lecturers took part in the second edition of this workshop :
- Fabien Guntz, IUT Laval – Le Mans University
- Vincent Barré, IUT Laval – Le Mans University
- Giulia Sola, L’École de Design Nantes Atlantique
- Anne Audran-Ly, Audencia Business School in Nantes
An innovative method
An innovative method combining Pensée Design (think design) and Design Pédagogique (educational design) developed by the Centre de Développement Pédagogique (teaching development centre) at the University of Nantes and L’École de Design Nantes Atlantique enabled these four lecturers to completely rethink one of their classes. The groups were formed in such a way as to encourage the exchange of different thoughts and opinions and provide the most pertinent answer.
For this second edition, assistant lecturers were trained in advance, during another separate workshop. They were present in each group to help mediate and ensure the method was followed.
The workshop was led by :
- Anne-Céline Grolleau, educational research engineer at the Centre de Développement Pédagogique at the University of Nantes
- Laurent Neyssensas, head of the teaching innovation unit at L’École de Design Nantes Atlantique
- Emmanuel Raillard, consultant in creativity and innovation techniques
- How to involve students individually and make learning more useful and lasting ?
- How to manage the double role of lecturer and professional ?
- How to help students improve their concentration ?
- How to reconcile group work and individual learning ?
After the workshop, the lecturers left with an innovative and workable method to help them with their teaching.